InnoSpring, Geeklist and our partners at TusPark Shanghai are thrilled to announce that we will be holding the first-ever US-China hackathon on May 4th-5th. This is huge, and you are definitely going to want to be here to join in!
We will have leading technology and startup investors judging, and winning teams/companies might even get their ideas funded! There will also be a bunch of awesome PRIZES, including Apple gear/iPads, free office/desk space at the InnoSpring incubator, cash, and a whole lot of other great stuff. Snacks, drinks of all kinds, food/meals, places to rest, and most other things you need will be provided as well, thanks to our sponsors!
We will have one full-on, 24-hour hackathon going here at InnoSpring in Santa Clara and a partner hackathon going on at the same time at KIC (Knowledge and Innovation Community / 创智天地) in Yangpu district in Shanghai. And that’s not even the best part: We are also going to enable cross-border teams with both US and Chinese members to work together on projects of their choosing, and present them after 24 hours to an awesome panel of judges in both the US and Shanghai!
Come JOIN US on May 4th-5th for an incredible 24 hours of global cooperation and innovation with top developers from the 21st century’s two most important countries!
Friday, May 4th, 6:30pm – 8:00pm: Meetup, team forming, and introductions
Friday, May 4th at 8:00pm to Saturday, May 5th at 6:00pm: Hackathon!
Saturday, May 5th from 6:00pm – 9:00pm: Presentations, judging, and prizes
JUDGES AND SPONSORS
We are in the process of lining up some spectacular judges both in the US and in Shanghai, including most or all of the following: tech startup founders/CEOs and CTOs, angel investors, leaders of larger tech corporations and VCs. Here’s what we can tell you right now — but make sure you check back for updates, as we will have more news on this in the next week!
We also want to highlight and thank our great US and China sponsors, who are making both the US side and China side of the hackathon possible.
- Spotify is a new way to listen to music.
- Spreecast is the social video platform that lets people broadcast together.
- Joyent is a global cloud computing and systems software provider.
- Storify helps its users tell stories by curating social media.
- Klout measures your influence on your social networks.
- Awe.sm shows you how social media drives conversions and creates value.
- Opa — Easy web application programming
- Twilio provides infrastructure APIs for businesses to build scalable, reliable voice and text messaging app
- MongoHQ — MongoDB in the cloud. The most powerful platform for MongoDB hosting ever.
- iFixIt — The free repair manual that you can edit.
We hope to see you on May 4th — in the US or in Shanghai!