The InnoSpring Seed Fund will provide seed capital for select startups who have gained entry into its accelerator program, a three-month boot camp for entrepreneurs who wish to develop hands-on skills in business development, marketing research, fundraising, organizational development and more.
The InnoSpring Seed Fund is funded by leading investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), Northern Light Venture Capital (NLVC), TEEC Angel Fund, GSR Ventures, and China Broadband Capital (CBC).
“Fostering cross-border innovation is a big part of our mission and vision,” said Deng Feng, Founding Managing Director, Northern Light Venture Capital. “Supporting InnoSpring and its entrepreneurs by contributing resources and expertise is one way that NLVC can give back to the startup community.”
“We are really excited to be a part of this, and we are proud to be sponsors and participants, and we look forward to what is to come from this unique opportunity,” said Brook Porter, a cleantech Venture Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers. “We look forward to partnering with InnoSpring on developing its accelerator program.”
First Slate of Resident Companies
InnoSpring’s first slate of incubatees represent a broad range of sectors, including hardware, software, cleantech and life sciences. Innospring’s first class of resident companies include:
- Accusilicon: Makes the world’s lowest noise clock ICs for 10G/40G/100G ethernet and 3G/4G mobile phone networks, allowing more bandwidth with the same power consumption.
- Dewmobile: A mobile-to-mobile communication company
- Hillion Tech: An interactive video technology company
- Hillstone Networks: A leader in high performance network security solutions. Hillstone brings to market a new generation of network security devices ready for the 100G era.
- Mash 5: A social mobile cloud application for field services and customer services.
- Mugeda: A cloud-based HTML5 animation platform, where you can create, share, and publish organic HTML5 animation content all in your browser without any download or installation.
- Narvalous: Narvalous makes fresh and addictive cross-platform social games on the internet and on mobile devices. Their first game, vCruise, is in closed beta currently. This will be the first virtual world-based social game on Facebook that supports both fun and interactive real-time synchronous play, and solid, appointment-based business simulation social game mechanisms.
- Peaya, Inc.: Created to make your academic life easier. Peaya Paper is a software tool that allows you to manage papers and PDFs and access them anywhere (Windows, Mac, and Linux). It also makes it easy to share with friends and collaborators.
- QuestBid: Delivers your request to matched providers on the web, via phone or email, bringing you offers from service providers who can fulfill your needs.
- SecuredInside Corporation: SecuredInside’s mission is to make the cyber era safe and people’s lives easy by providing a flexible, proactive and easy-to-use platform that lets each player execute or designate his own security duties.
- Sunube: A novel idea and pioneering cleantech technology that will fundamentally and efficiently get rid of the “power hunger” problem – cloud computing’s dependence on non-clean energy – and enable data center owners to save large amounts on power bills.
- Truspr: A stealth mode social networking company.
- Weaver Mobile: Weaver Mobile develops innovative mobile applications that facilitate photo management through social networks. Weaver Mobile’s PhotoBox! iPhone app is a one stop solution for Facebook users seeking a better and more convenient way to find, fix and flaunt their photos on Facebook.
“We are thrilled to be selected to InnoSpring’s first class of companies,” said Yi Zhou, Founder and CEO of Accusilicon. “We are building the world’s lowest noise clock ICs for 10G/40G/100G ethernet and 3G/4G mobile phone networks for production, allowing more bandwidth with the same power consumption. Our business is globally-focused from day one, and we expect to further tap into InnoSpring’s cross-border resources.”
InnoSpring is currently accepting applications for entry into its incubator/accelerator program. Interested startups can apply online at www.innospring.net/apply.